Football - Division 1 Reports - 23rd March 2024

Manderwood Pembrokeshire Football League – Division 1


Relegated haunted Sports lose against Rooks


Fishguard Sports 2 – Carew 3

James Hinchliffe scored two second half goals for Carew at FishguardTen-man Carew won by the odd goal in five against relegated haunted Fishguard Sports at Tregroes.
It was 1-1 at half time as Carew had goalkeeper James Harries sent-off and played the second half with ten men as the Sports failed to capitalise on the numerical advantage.
On the half hour mark Dylan Morgan struck which gave the visitors the lead, seven minutes later Greg Hughes set-up Luke Thomas who equalised. On the stroke of half time goalkeeper Harries saw red.
James Hinchliffe scored twice in the space of fourteen minutes as the Rooks led 3-1, but nine minutes from full time Thomas pulled one back for the Sports, the strikers’ second goal of the match, but Phil Jones’ men failed to find an equaliser as they tasted yet another defeat and are deep in trouble at the bottom of the table.
Fishguard Sports: David Pepper, Matthew Lewis, Haydn Hughes, Anthony Couzens, Sean Thomas, Henry Sturman, Greg Hughes, Luke Thomas, Billy Moore, Tomas Lawrence, Patrick Hughes (Captain). Subs: Steve Lewis, Joshua Hancock, Ieuan Llewellyn.
Carew: James Harries, Shaun Whitfield, Sonny Phillips (Captain), Sam Southcott, Jon Bennett, Archie Smith, Marcus Griffiths, Dylan Morgan, James Hinchliffe, Jack Christopher. Subs: Sam Christoper, Charlie Perkins.
Referee: Sean O’Connor.

Makeshift Vikings defeat battling Pennar


Hakin United 3 – Pennar Robins 1

Alfie Stotter - scored for Hakin against PennarA makeshift Hakin United outfit came from behind to secure victory against battling Pennar Robins at the Obs.
This win sees Justin ‘Skinny’ Harding’s Vikings a point clear at the top of the table, but second placed Goodwick do have five games in hand.
The visitors took an early lead as Conner Willis’ cross was met by a sweetly struck Craig Asparassa volley.
Alfie Stotter set-up 17-year-old Mason Dolling who rounded keeper Scott Trayhern to square matters at the break.
On the hour mark the hosts took the lead as Callum Rees’s dangerous cross was met by Stotter who made no mistake at the far post.
Ten minutes from full time the Vikings secured the win when they added a well-constructed third, it stemmed from Dolling’s well weighted cross which Hayden Dimond drilled home from six yards.
Hakin United: Adrian Devonald, Scott Paddison, Tom Llewellin, Jay Power (Captain), Ben Aldred, Jack Griffiths, Callum Rees, Louis Thompson, Hayden Dimond, Alfie Stotter, Mason Dolling. Subs: George Wheeler, Bobby Jenkins, Paul Thompson.
Pennar Robins: Scott Trayhern, Liam Williams, Luke Phillips, Connor Roberts (Captain), Ross Jones, Rhys Daley, Craig Asparassa, Kieran Smith, Conner Willis, Sean Edmundson, Adam Phillips. Subs: Ross Vincent, Connor Beynon, James Beynon.
Referee: John Jenkins.

Tenby gain narrow win at Swifts


Monkton Swifts 1 – Tenby 2


Adam Muskett - scored for Tenby who narrowly won at Monkton SwiftsTenby held on for a hard fought victory against arch rivals Monkton Swifts at Monkton Lane.
The visitors scored two goals in the opening ten minutes, Adam Muskett teed-up Daryl Mansbridge who struck the opener.
Goal scorer Muskett turned provider as the striker set-up Scott Ferney who drilled in his side’s second as the visitors held onto their two-goal cushion at half time.
After the break the Swifts came more into the game, but failed to find the back of the net, in injury time Swifts' skipper Dylan Davies scored from the spot, which proved just a consolation as Tenby bagged three points on the road.

Monkton Swifts: Taylor Gullam, James Walker, Chris Richards, Thomas Powell, Lee Evans, Jack Clarke, Jamie Wilkes, Dylan Davies (Captain), Will Davis, Jonathan Lee, Rudy Poole. Subs: Will Abrahams, Cameron Brunton.
Tenby: Dylan Noot, Chris Milward, Sam Butler, Kieran Allen, Toby Rossiter, Daniel Storer (Captain), Jacob Hipkiss, Scott Ferney, Adam Muskett, Jerome Mansbridge, Daryl Mansbridge. Subs: Mason Abbott, Jamie-Lee Bartlett, Ricki Morgan.
Referee: Paul Rooney.

Nomads fight back for draw


Neyland 2 – Kilgetty 2

Richard Cope - was on target for KilgettyJack John grabbed a stoppage time equaliser to secure an important point for Neyland in their relegation battle with Kilgetty.
Kilgetty led 1-0 at the break as Lloyd Hughes’ cross was finished by Richard Tebbutt early in the game.
Five minutes after the break the Nomads levelled matters as Mike Chandler set-up Sean Chandler.
However, seven minutes later Kilgetty regained the lead as skipper Richard Cope scored thanks to a second assist by the impressive Hughes.
Deep in stoppage time John scored to earn the Nomads an unlikely point when all seemed lost.
Neyland: Patrick Hannon, Jack John, Lewis Page, Leon Barrett, Morgan James, Leo Power, Mike Chandler, Sean Chandler, Ben Gale, Max Bowman-Davies. Subs: Aidan Rees, Joe Gale, Simon Ellis.
Kilgetty: Richard Webb, Sam Lewis, Max Taylor, Ross Hurst, Brett Evans, Jac Waters, Richard Cope (Captain), Josh Bevan, Lloyd Hughes, Richard Tebbutt, Phil Horsely. Subs: Thomas Williams, Kyle Hughes, Alex Turcu.
Referee: Martin Jones.