Monkton, Bridge and Carew reach Senior Cup semi-finals

Hundleton brave keeper Daniel Griffiths denies Adam Hawkins

On Saturday it was the eagerly anticipated Senior Cup quarter finals plus two games in the  Manderwood Pembrokeshire Football First Division.

Starting in the cup, holders Merlins Bridge were given a fright by second division Hundleton at the Racecourse. It was 1-1 after 90 minutes, and it finished 3-3 after extra time and The Wizards dramatically won 4-3 on penalties. Joey Leahy gave The Wizards the lead, but Billy Davis equalised. In the first half of extra-time Jack Blunsden struck a penalty for the visitors and then Connor Hay added his side's third. At this stage it looked as if The Bridge were crashing out, but somehow, they clawed it back when they were awarded two penalties in the last five minutes, Leahy added the second and Peter Thomas equalised from 12 yards and there was further drama as The Wizards won the penalty shootout 4-3 to progress to the semis.

In an all First Division affair, Monkton Swifts hammered St Clears 11-0 at Monkton Lane to reach the last four of the competition. The Swifts’ goal scorers were Ben Steele 3, Chris Richards 3, Dylan Davies 2, Martyn Carroll, Jimmy Wilkes and Michael Murray.

Carew thrashed Second Division Johnston 12-1 in a one-sided affair at home. Scoring for The Rooks were Scott Ferney 6, Shaun Whitfield 3, Jack Christopher 2 and Sam Christopher. Joey George scored for the toothless Tigers.

Scott Ferney scored a double hat-trick for Carew. Picture by Susan McKehon

Fishguard Sports v Goodwick United was abandoned due to an injury to referee Charles Davies and will be replayed this Saturday.

There were two games played in the First Division, starting at Bush Camp where Pennar Robins lost 0-3 against Clarbeston Road. Keegan Summers slotted in a brace alongside a stunning free kick by Matthew Davies to secure three precious points for the visitors.

Saundersfoot Sports lost 1-21 against on fire Hakin United. Paul Hodge scored for The Sports, but The Vikings went goal crazy through the efforts of Justin Harding 4, Nicky Woodrow 4, Ashley Bevan 3, Shane Walsh 3, Cameron Thomas 2, Adam John 2, Ryan Wilson, Leon Luby and an own goal.

Narberth v Neyland was postponed due to the Jesse Road ground was unplayable.

Ashley Bevan hits the back of the net for Hakin