Division 1 plus West Wales Intermediate Cup Round Up - Saturday, 4th December 2021

Jason Griffiths scores for Clarbeston Road at Pennar Robins


Manderwood Pembrokeshire Football League – Division 1


Booth grabs late winner to break Robins’ hearts


Pennar Robins 3 – Clarbeston Road 4

Clarbeston Road narrowly came out on top in a seven-goal thriller against Pennar Robins at Bush Camp.

Jake Booth scored a stoppage winner for the Road who as a result have moved up to second in table much to the delight of player boss Matthew Ellis.

It was a highly entertaining clash, the Road led 3-1 at the interval, but in the second period Sam Southcott’s Robins fought back to square matters at 3-3, there was one final twist as Booth grabbed a late winner.

The visitors opened the scoring as Matthew Davies found the back of the net, five minutes later striker Jason Griffiths through on goal dinked the ball home, minutes later Griffiths had another effort chalked off for offside.

The hosts replied through Noah Davies, on stroke of half time Booth drilled in the visitors’ third.

After the break the Robins rallied and got on level terms following goals by Nick Willis and player manager Southcott, right at the death Booth struck the decisive winner.

Pennar Robins: R. Williams, N. Willis, S. Southcott, R. Jones, C. Roberts, S. Edmundson, N. Davison, K. Smith, L. Phillips, R. Lucas, C. Rees. Subs: J. Donohoe, C. Asparassa, J. Phillips.
Clarbeston Road: D. Pepper, L. George, J. Wood, M. Ellis, T. Glover, G. Brown, J. Booth, C. George, C. George, B. John. J. Griffiths, M. Davies. Subs: S. Williams, I. Mathias, J. Thomas.
Referee: Martin Jones.

Pennar Robins in possession

Ten-man Bluebirds blown away by Hundleton


Narberth 0 – Hundleton 8

Narberth’s woeful season continued as Hundleton banged in eight goals without reply at Jesse Road.

The visitors led 2-0 at the break as Grant Overend and Dan Kitts scored. In the second half it was one-way traffic as the Bluebirds were constantly on the backfoot.

Billy Davis and Overend added further goals to make it 4-0, matters got worse as Jordan Howell was sent off as the Bluebirds were reduced to ten men.

Davis added the fifth plus also struck a penalty for the sixth it earned the striker the accolade of a hat-trick, Overend also marked his hat-trick with goal number seven, plus Cameron Brunton was on target with the eighth, this win moved them up to fifth in the league ladder.

Narberth: R. Mansell, J. Howell, L. Morris, D. James, M. Jegham, L. Phillips, A. Burgess, R. Hughes, C. O’Connell, T. Evans, K. Quartermaine. Subs: T. Evans, R. Dyrer, L. Davies.
Hundleton: D. Griffiths, D. Powers, W. Abrahams, A. Lewis, M. Edwards, D. Kitts, W. Davis, R. Davis, G. Overend, C. Perkins, G. Lewis. Subs: C. Brunton, C. Hay, J. Richards.
Referee: Huw George.


Tish are too hot for poor Nomads


Neyland 1 – St Ishmaels 5

St Ishmaels scored five goals to comfortably beat Neyland at the Athletic Ground.

Tish beat the Nomads last week followed up with their second win over the Nomads in seven days.

Tish led 2-0 at the break, Adam Kingsbeer set-up Matthew Cheshire with an early opener midway through the first period Owen Lawrie teed-up Brennan Devonald who made no mistake with the second.

Tish continued to press and control matters in the second period, Kingsbeer added the third assisted by Lawrie, Kingsbeer drilled in the fourth before Kingsbeer struck from the spot for the fifth.

The Nomads scored a late consolation goal through substitute Joseph Campodonic.

Neyland: J. Payne, N. Kemp, S, Hannon, S. Ellis, M. Phillips, J. Charlton, M. Bowman-Davies, M. Chandler, J. Johnstone, D. Rowland, L. Barrett. Sub: J. Campodonic.
St Ishmaels: A. Pawlett, T. Llewellin, M. Cheshire, J. Morgan, A. Kingsbeer, T. Sheil, O. Lawrie, I. Hawkins, E. Richards, N. Thomas, B. Devonald. Subs: A. Algieri, K. Rendell, D. Ninnis.
Referee: Jonathan Twigg.


Mixed fortunes for Pembrokeshire teams involved in the cup

There were mixed fortunes for Pembrokeshire teams involved the West Wales Intermediate Cup third round ties on Saturday afternoon.

One of the favourites Goodwick United lost 1-0 at Phoenix Park against South Gower, both teams are currently top of their respective league tables, the only goal of the tie was scored in the 16th minute by Ieuan Priede, disappointingly Wayne O’Sullivan’s Goodwick outfit could not find a way to score so had to concede they were second best on the day.

Hakin United gained an impressive 6-2 victory at Bryn Rovers, the Vikings hero was Shane Walsh who scored four plus there was one apiece for Jaden Chapman and Laurie Haworth, manager Scott Davies will be happy his team are in hat for next round.

St Clears caused an upset as they won 2-1 at home against Evans & Williams, Karl Jones and Steven Thomas netted for the Saints.

Carew won 5-3 at Tumble United in a high scoring tie, grabbing the goals for the Rooks were Spencer Williams, Shaun Whitfield, Jordan Richards, plus a brace for Harvey Langstone.

Fishguard Sports v AFC Glais and Merlins Bridge v Ynystawe Athetic were both postponed so are scheduled to be played this Saturday, 11th December, kick off 1.30pm.