Football - Division 1 Reports - 10th February 2024

Manderwood Pembrokeshire Football League – Division 1


Superb Reid hat-trick sinks Vikings


Robins hat-trick hero Scott ReidHakin United 2 – Milford United 4

Scott Reid scored a superb hat-trick to earn Milford United a thoroughly deserved shock victory against title seeking Hakin United at the Obs.
Derby games are always tough affairs and this clash proved no exception, but it was the Robins who stunned the Vikings as they raced to a 3-0 lead at half time.
Reid struck a deflected opener on 15 minutes, four minutes later Morgan Picton’s 40 yard free kick sailed into the roof of Ryan Sinnott’s net, in the 31st minute Reid benefited from a Vikings mix-up in defence as the striker drilled home from inside the box.
However, the Vikings mounted a serious fight back in the second period as they scored two goals in the space of four minutes. Shane Walsh set-up player boss Justin ‘Skinny’ Harding who made no mistake from close range, Kieran King’s well flighted free kick allowed Walsh to nod home at the back post to put the Vikings right back in the game.
In the 74th minute there was a final twist in the visitors’ favour as they added a crucial fourth goal, Liam Parks’ cross caused mayhem in the Vikings area, up popped Reid who lashed home in to the top corner from 12 yards which secured a famous three points for the Robins as the Vikings were left feeling stunned at the final shock result.
Hakin United: Ryan Sinnott, Jake Merry, Thomas Evans, Jay Power, Ben Aldred, Scott Paddison, Justin Harding, Jack Griffiths, Kieran King, Ryan Wilson (Captain), Shane Walsh. Subs: Louis Thompson, Mason Dolling, Bobby Jenkins.
Milford United: Charlie Malloy, Rhys Brawn, Anthony Hubbock, Scott Griffiths (Captain), Thomas Grimwood, Tyler Sheil, Morgan Picton, Liam Parks, Scott Reid, Liam Parr, Will Goodall. Subs: Wesley Hill, Joseph Hall, Mathew Thomas.
Referee: Stefan Jenkins.

Dramatic finish at Bush Camp


Conner Willis opened the scoring for Pennar RobinsPennar Robins 2 – Clarbeston Road 2

Pennar Robins and Clarbeston Road fought out a fascinating draw where there was a dramatic finish at Bush Camp.

The early stages of the game were pretty even with the home side who missed an early opportunity to go 1-0 up until the deadlock was broken in the 25th minute thanks to a break down the right from Nick Willis who swung the ball in to brother Conner who swept home into the bottom corner, that’s how it stayed at the half time break.

Clarbeston Road equalised thanks to a burst from Ben John who broke into the box before the striker unleashed confidently past keeper Rory Williams.

This put the visitors right back in the game they as they started seeing more of the ball but were causing no threat as they came up against a solid home defence.

Pennar continued to attack as both teams wanted the win. Clarby then thought they’d won it until Rory made an unbelievable one handed save to deny “Rocky” a second, the rebound came back to him which was blocked and the third attempt struck the crossbar and went over!

Kieran Smith - bagged a dramatic stoppage time equaliser for Pennar RobinsIn the 94th minute Ross Jones give away a needless foul on the edge of the box, the hosts were duly punished as Matthew Davies struck home a delightful free kick over the wall and into the top corner with the visitors thought they had snatched victory.

Straight from the kick off the hosts attacked down the right hand channel plus a cross into the box, cleared by the Clarby defence which landed straight to the feet of Kieran Smith in the 95th minute, he took a touch then rifled home a 30 yard rocket in the top corner which led to massive celebrations by the home outfit at the final whistle is this exciting encounter finished in a highly dramatic draw.

Pennar Robins: Rory Williams, Liam Williams, Craig Asparassa, Bobby Jones, Ross Jones, Liam Phillips, Nick Willis, Kieran Smith, Sean Edmundson, Connor Roberts (Captain), Conner Willis. Subs: Adam Phillips, Rhys Daley, Ewan Davis.

Clarbeston Road: Rhys Mansell, Josh Wood (Captain), Joules Ward, Travis Jones, Sam Hurton, Thomas Withers, Jake Booth, Matthew Davies, Ben John, Rob Morgans, Laurie Haworth. Subs: Matthew Ellis, Rheinallt George, George Thomas.

Referee: Alan Boswell.


Basement battle draw


Fishguard Sports 1 – Neyland 1

Joe Gale - equalised for Neyland at Fishguard Sports. Picture Martin JonesThis was a hard fought bottom of the table encounter between Fishguard and Neyland at the Tregroes Ground.
The  Sports have just four points from thirteen games and sit rock bottom, whilst Neyland are second from bottom on the same points as third from bottom Kilgetty.
This was a game that Sports’ manager Phil Jones will have targeted to win as they nine points behind The Nomads with nine matches to play.
It was the home outfit who got off to a dream start as Luke Thomas pounced in the fifth minute, just four minute later the visitors levelled matters when skipper Mike Chandler set-up Joe Gale.
Incredibly there were no further goals for the rest of the 80 minutes duration, as both teams had to settle for a point, with both really wanting three!

Fishguard Sports: David Pepper, Haydn Hughes, Tomas Lawrence, Sean Thomas, Will Moore, Jack Griffiths, Greg Hughes, Luke Thomas, Adam Lawrence, Henry Sturman, Ieuan Llewellyn (Captain). Subs: Nathan Thomas, Joseph Griffiths, Morgan Bateman.
Neyland: Patrick Hannon, Jay Johnstone, Ben Gale, Sean Hannon, Jamie Evans, Morgan James, Lewis Page, Jack John, Corey Richards, Mike Chandler (Captain), Joe Gale. Subs: Max Bowman-Davies, Dylan Hardy, Ross Hardy.
Referee: Tudor Walters.

Title pace setters Goodwick with five goal salvo


Goodwick United 5 – Kilgetty 0

Will Haworth - came off the bench and scored twice for GoodwickGoodwick United proved too strong for battling Kilgetty as the champions elect scored five goals without reply at Phoenix Park.
This was Goodwick’s twelfth win of the season as they sit top of the table two points ahead of second placed Hakin United with the comfort of two games in hand.
Goodwick boss Chris O’Sullivan was pleased the teams overall performance as they led 3-0 at the break and added two further goals in the second half.
Former Welsh League star Sean Pemberton opened the scoring with a trademark header from a Luke Hayward corner, in the 37th minute Jonny Hargan struck the second, again from a Hayward corner.
On the stroke of half time Horgan bagged his second of the game with a superb 25 yard strike which flew in the top corner of Richard Webb’s net.
In the second period the hosts continued to control matters and were rewarded with two further goals scored by substitute Will Haworth, his first was a 20 yard wonder strike and his second for his side’s fifth through on a one-on-one he nonchalantly slid the ball under Webb.
Goodwick United: Kyle Marsh, Steven Dockerty, Sion O’Sullivan, Sean Pemberton, Scott Delaney (Captain), Luke Hayward, Rhys Jones, Jake Smith, Rhys Dalling, Kyle O’Sullivan, Jonny Horgan. Subs: Will Haworth, Daniel James, James Bryan.
Kilgetty: Richard Webb, Sam Lewis, Jake Proctor, Philip Horsley, Ross Hurst, Brett Evans, Richard Tebbutt, Richard Cope (Captain), Lloyd Hughes, Henry Lawrence, Steve Thomas. Subs: Ryan Coleman, Callum Proctor, Adam Johns.
Referee: Sean O’Connor.


Vital win for Carew against Monkton


Jack Christopher - scored a header in opening minute for CarewCarew 2 – Monkton Swifts 0

Two first half goals earned Carew a welcome win against arch rivals Monkton Swifts at the Gerald Hicks Recreational Ground.
There is no getting away from it as it has been a tough season for The Rooks who have lacked the consistency of other campaigns.
Rooks manager Chris Richards must have felt really relived that his team bagged a welcome three points as they fourth from bottom just two points above safety with seven games left to play.
Jack Christopher opened the scoring in the first minute as he headed home at the far post from a well delivered Curtis Hurlow free kick.
Nine minutes later the hosts doubled the lead when Sam Christpher made good ground down the right before his byline cross was met with a neat Dylan Morgan six yard finish.
There were no further goals as both sides kept pressing but there was one magic moment as Jack Christopher tried an audacious lob from distance which nearly caught Swifts’ Stuart ‘Twinno’ James of his guard, the sight of the keeper scampering back was something to behold.
Carew: James Harries, Curtis Hurlow, Sam Southcott, Jonty Bennett, Archie Smith, Charlie Perkins, Sam Christopher, Dylan Morgan, James Hinchliffe, Marcus Griffiths, Jack Christopher. Subs: Thomas Rudd, Sam Harts, Harvey Drummond.
Monkton Swifts: Stuart James, Jack Clarke, Chris Richards, Nathan Ferrier, Thomas Powell (Captain), Gareth Finnegan, Jamie Wilkes, Ben Steele, Connor Hay, Cameron Brunton, Josh Dearsley. Subs: Rudy Poole, Will Abrahams, Noah Davison.
Referee: Martin Jones.

Match postponed

Tenby v Merlins Bridge

Referee: Paul Rooney.