A hard game of rugby which we all enjoyed


Youth Rugby:



Tenby Youth 24 - Llangwm Youth 0

**Yesterday we published our match report of the only game on Saturday to take place in Pembrokeshire and made the point, alongside County Youth organiser Ken Davies, that it was great to see both clubs eager for action, even to the point of giving away home advantage (as Llangwm did) to have the chance of playing – and Tenby United making Heywood Lane available for the same reason!

**Today we are pleased to produce a match report from the bird’s eye view of one of the players, which we think is well written and hope you enjoy it too!

Due to the awful weather during the week, the pitches in Llangwm were unplayable so after some discussions between the management teams of Llangwm and Tenby United they came to the agreement of playing the game down in Tenby’s, Heywood Lane.

It was an early kick off at 11am due to the Welsh international being played at 2:15pm – and the game started with Llangwm kicking to Tenby, and with some great pressure applied in the corner, Tenby were forced to utilise their defensive game very early on and kick the ball out of danger down the field.

After some back and forth play, with both teams giving away penalties at either end, Llangwm found their way back into the Tenby 22 and with a solid-line out play, Llangwm almost found an early try.

However, Tenby defended the line and kept Llangwm out. With more phases building up most of the game was being played around the half way line, with both teams making breaks but not finding any points, Llangwm had a scrum on the Tenby 10 metre-line and almost found a try from a pick and go. However, they were held up on the line.

But with the ball going from the side to side of the pitch, Tenby found themselves with an overlap out wide and, with some good skills, managed to utilise the extra man and Alfie Pryor deservedly scored in the corner so the first half came to an end with the score at Tenby 5- Llangwm 0.

Seasiders put on the pressure after half time

The second half began with a lot of pressure from Tenby straight from the kick-off but Llangwm held strong and fought to keep hold of the ball before Tenby managed to get a good turn-over by their forwards and with a build-up of phases, Iwan Duffy powered over the line. And Tenby then converted through Will Allen for the extra two points, leaving it at Tenby 12 - Llangwm 0.

With some battling up and down the field going from 22m to 22m some big tackles being put in, it led to a few players from each team picking up some injuries. With the utilisation of the fresh legs on the pitch, Tenby found themselves going over again through captain Kyle Rossiter, making it Tenby 17- Llangwm 0.
With some spreading of the ball across the pitch Tenby again found themselves with a man overlap on the right side where the Tenby winger ran in for Tenby’s fourth try of the game by Rhydian Jones, with Will Allen converting the try to make it Tenby 24 - Llangwm 0.

There was plenty of action by both sides and although Tenby were the better side both teams enjoyed the chance to play and after some final build ups of phases the ball was kicked off the field, ending the game Tenby 24 - Llangwm 0.

Great sportsmanship post-match

Llangwm look to break

Young Wasps on the drive

Llangwm put Tenby under pressure

Tenby get the ball away