Touray Sisay hat-trick stuns Aber as Bluebirds hit six goals on road

Alhagi Touray Sisay bagged his first hat-trick for Haverfordwest County

JD Cymru Premier


Aberystwyth Town 0 – Haverfordwest County 6

Alhagi Touray Sisay bagged a superb hat-trick which helped Haverfordwest County  crush ten-man Aberystwyth Town by six goals on a chilly night at Park Avenue.

This has the Bluebirds’ third win in Phase Two but more impressively their fourth straight win in a row - and for the second game in three days the Bluebirds have incredibly struck six goals.

It was a tremendous team effort which would have pleased manager Nicky Hayen because since the Belgian has taken charge their form has completely been transformed.

Touray Sisay bagged his first treble for the club with goals in the 16th, 47th and 63rd minutes whilst Jordan Davies struck from the spot as Lee Jenkins was issued a straight red card. Corey Shephard added the fifth and substitute Henry Jones completed the rout to stun Aber.

The visitors got off to a bright start following a quick counterattack but home keeper Alex Pennock did brilliantly to close down Touray Sisay.

But Nicky Hayen’s Bluebirds opened the scoring in the 16th minute, from an Aber defensive throw-in the ball  was headed straight to Touray Sisay who neatly chested to Jordan Jones. The latter played it back to the Spaniard who was in the right place at the right time inside the box to find the back of the net from close range.

At the other end Steff Davies’ long range effort was comfortably saved by Idzi and it was a cagey affair after the goal as neither team  conjured up anything threatening in the final third. In the 29th minute the Town were unlucky not to level matters as Jamie Veale’s goal-bound shot struck the underside of the bar but fell straight into the grateful arms of Bluebirds’ goalkeeper Lee Idzi.

Slender half time lead

The visitors held on to a slender 1-0 cushion at half time as they knew that had a big 45 minutes to come in the second period.

Shortly after the break, however, the visitors grab their second, when Jack Wilson’s long throw-in was deftly clipped into the net by the on-fire Spaniard.

The hosts went close as Sam Phillips chased down Idzi, but his shot took a deflection that flew wide.

Treble joyTouray Sisay

The third goal was a well-worked effort as classy midfielder Shephard won the ball just inside the Town’s half, and he played it to Davies, who threaded an inch-perfect pass to the advancing Touray Sisay who composed himself with a neat near-post finish.

The visitors were reduced to ten men as Jenkins was given his marching orders, and subsequently Davies confidently dispatched the ball from twelve yards for the fourth.

Matters got worse for the home side as both Shephard and Henry Jones added further misery when they drilled in the fifth and sixth goals.

Haverfordwest County chairman Rob Edwards tweeted: “Head has absolutely gone and I’m speechless. Can’t comprehend this turnaround. So unbelievably proud of the coaching team and players for how they embraced the last few months, and how hard they have worked. This has been some week. Let’s keep it going.”

Aberystwyth Town: Alex Pennock, Thomas Rimmer, Rhys Davies, Louis Bradford (85’ Owen Orford), Lee Jenkins, Jack Thorn (Captain), Mathew Jones, Jamie Veale, Harry Franklin, Sam Phillips (59’ Ben Wynne), Steffan Davies (47’ David Evans).
Substitutes not used: Efekan Cholak, Owain Jones, Alexander Darlington, Cameron Allen.

Haverfordwest County: Lee Idzi, Jazz Richards (68’ Ryan George), Kyle Patten, Dylan Rees (Captain), Elliot Scotcher, Corey Shephard, Jack Wilson (85’ Alaric Jones), Kurtis Rees, Ben Fawcett (54’ Danny Williams), Alhagi Touray Sisay (86’ Henry Jones), Jordan Davies.
Substitutes not used: Iori Humphreys, Caleb Hughes, Zac Jones.

Referee: Owen Thomas.
Assistants: Richard Dolphin & John Jones.
Fourth Official: Nigel Richards.