Finally football league and cup action is back with a vengeance

Action from the Pavilion Ground where West Dragons lost against Lamphey

Action from the Pavilion Ground where West Dragons lost against Lamphey

With virtually the whole of January fixtures wiped out it was good to see that there were four games played in the Manderwood Pembrokeshire Football League First Division - and also three of our teams were involved in the West Wales Intermediate Cup fourth round action on Saturday.

Herbrandston returned to the bottom of the table after losing 1-4 at home against Narberth, the latter moved up to second in the table. Scott Reid opened the scoring for the homesters, but The Bluebirds rallied with a brace by Tony Evans and one apiece for Luke Raymond and Ben John to secure three points.

Fourth placed Monkton Swifts drew 2-2 at home to Neyland. Ryan Griffiths struck the opener for The Swifts, and midway through the second period The Nomads equalised through Mikey Chandler, and Andrew Smith added a second goal for the visitors, but the Swifts salvaged a point when Griffiths struck his second of the match.

Angle lost 2-3 at home to second from bottom Milford United. Ben Adams grabbed both the home outfit’s goals, but The Robins gained only their second victory of the season with a brace from Liam Parr and Neil Mathias also struck.

West Dragons lost 0-2 at home to Lamphey, first half goals by Billy Davies and Jansen Parsley sealed The Stags’ fifth league victory of the season.

Clarbeston Road versus Pennar Robins was called off due to a waterlogged pitch.

In the West Wales Intermediate Cup Fourth Round, Goodwick United won 4-3 in a thrilling tie at Phoenix Park, read Bill Carne’s full match report and pictures on

Carew has deservedly reached the last eight of the competition with an excellent 2-0 victory at Bonymaen Colts; the latter are currently second in the Swansea League Second Division. The Rooks scorers were brothers Jack and Sam Christopher, this was incredibly Carew’s first game since December 9th, 2017!

Merlins Bridge versus Port Tennant Colts was called off at the Racecourse; it has been rescheduled for this coming Saturday, 10th February, kick off 2pm.