Kenny double sinks County in north Wales

Jack Kenny scored twice for Flint Town United.

JD Cymru Premier


Flint Town United 4 – Haverfordwest County 1

Flint Town United deservedly defeated Haverfordwest County to stay second in the table on a bitterly cold afternoon at the Essity Stadium.

Both sides met back in September when it was the Bluebirds who came out on top against the Silkmen, winning 2-0 at the Bridge Meadow, thanks to Alhagi Touray Sisay who bagged both goals.

However, this time it was the Silkmen who got revenge as they led 3-1 at half time thanks to Kai Edwards who opened the scoring, Mike Wilde struck the second also Jack Kenny was on target just before the break.

In the second period Danny Williams pulled one back for the Bluebirds, which gave them a glimmer of hope, but Kenny got his second of the game ten minutes before full time to secure the points.

Positive start

Wayne Jones’ men started positively as Touray Sisay played in Mason Jones-Thomas, but goalkeeper Ryan Woods was alert to stop the opportunity.

Maher skied a shot from distance, Jack Wilson went down too easily in the box and was booked for simulation.

The Silkmen opened their goal scoring account in the 15th minute when unmarked defender Edwards powerfully headed home at the far post.

This goal gave the Silkmen confidence as they continued to then put the Bluebirds on the back foot, Wilde teed-up Cadwallader whose shot from point blank hit the post.

In the 40th minute the hosts doubled the lead when a mix up at the back saw Wilde run in on a one-on-one to comfortably place his shot past Lee Idzi.

Comfortable lead for Silkmen at interval

Three minutes later Kenny added the third with an excellent finish from an acute angle.

In the 58th minute substitute Danny Williams pulled one back for the visitors, but the hosts added a crucial fourth when Kenny slotted in his second of the game, then there was no way back for Wayne Jones’ men.

On Saturday, December 11th, Haverfordwest County are home against Bala Town, kick off 2.30pm.
Flint Town United: R. Woods, J. Phillips, S. Hart, B, Maher (Capt), B. Nash, K. Edwards, J. Kenny (90, L. Ellis), M. Wilde, M. Cadwallader (79, R. Weaver), D. Roberts, D. Harrison.
Substitutes not used: J. Rushton, C. Bratley. C. Harwood, T. Weir, J. Syers-Newton.

Haverfordwest County: L. Idzi, A. Richards, E. Scotcher, A. Jones, R. Watts, J. Wilson, D. Rees (Capt), A. Touray Sisay, K. Lewis (85, L. Davies), M. Jones-Thomas (56, B. Fawcett), K. Patten.
Substitutes not used: W. Gajda, I Humphreys.

Referee: Mark Petch.
Assistants: David Bird and Jordan Christopher.
Fourth Official: Lee Evans.

Danny Williams came on to pull a goal back for Haverfordwest County